PDA

View Full Version : Somebody explain the new "Sabena"

hvassk
16th Feb 2002, 07:06
With all the turbulence in the airline industry would some kind soul please explain the rationale behind the new "Sabena." In my opinion, it's time for these small countries to put aside their nationalistic pride and combine forces. I mean come one, can New-Sabena (I can't remember their name) and the new Swiss-Air really compete with the power-houses of Lufthansa, KLM, and BA? If I were to speculate on the airline industry's future it would be that Europe will continue to consolidate and there will be a few major airlines left; kind of like the US. I realize that the airline is part of the nation's history but to view it from a business standpoint does it make financial sense?

Notso Fantastic
16th Feb 2002, 11:50
There is obviously some part of this that you feel doesn't apply to you: <<As this is a very busy forum please limit new topics to items of news or rumour related to public air transport. If you have a specific question then please use either the Questions Forum or the Terms & Endearment Forum for pay or conditions in specific airlines. For Technical issues please use the Tech Log Forum. Etc. etc. >>. If you want to start some esoteric discussion, there are other places than . .RUMOURS & NEWS! Why not try the Question Forum? This is not the place

hvassk
17th Feb 2002, 01:34
Relax.