PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen minimums and ALS

Breakthesilence
19th Jul 2011, 13:28
Hi guys,

from yesterday the airline I work for started to use EU OPS minimums (Standard on Jeppesen charts).

The Approach light systems are defined as:

FALS (full ALS)
IALS (Intermediate ALS)
BALS (Basic ALS)
NALS (no ALS

depending on the length of the Approach lights. From 900 to 720 meters it's a FALS, from 719 to 420 it's intermediate, from 419 to 210 it's basic and below 210 meters of ALS it's a NALS.

Now, in the Jeppesen minimums section of the approach charts you have:

FULL / LIMITED / NO ALS

Can someone explain the meaning of LIMITED? What is it referred to (IALS+BALS?)

In the Introduction section of the Jeppesen it's not explained, not even in the definition or in the Approach chart legend.

Thank you

BTS

DutchOne
20th Jul 2011, 04:53
JEPPESEN APPROACH CHART LEGEND — EU-OPS 1 AERODROME OPERATING MINIMUMS (AOM) (= JEPPESEN text)

CAT I PRECISION AND APV APPROACH MINIMUMS

An RVR of less than 750m may be used under the conditions a. to d. shown below (Full column). Oth-erwise the RVR is limited to 750m or above (Limited column).
a. CAT I operations to runways with FALS and TDZ and CL and with decision height of 200ft or
b. CAT I operations to runways with FALS but with-out TDZ and/or CL when using an approved HUDLS or an equivalent approved system or
c. CAT I operations to runways with FALS but with-out TDZ and/or CL when conducting a coupled or flight-director-flown approach to a decision height not less than 200ft or
d. APV to runways with FALS and TDZ and CL when using an approved HUD, but not below RVR 600m.

Breakthesilence
20th Jul 2011, 09:07
Great! Thank you very much.

So it's not referred to the ALS but to the eligibility to use a RVR less than 750 mt.