PDA

View Full Version : Piper Seminole - stall warning test

GoneWest
15th Feb 2002, 07:36
I have asked (and have been asked) time and time again - why have Piper gone to the extremes of deliberately installing a squat switch on the undercarriage of the PA44 Seminole in order to prevent the operation (or testing!!) of the stall warning device when the aircraft is on the ground??

Is the same device installed on any other aircraft type??

Kermit 180
15th Feb 2002, 12:29
Not a Seminole pilot, but perhaps it is to silence the stall warning after touchdown? Some stall warning devices can be downright annoying during the landing roll. A bit annoying not being able to test the thing on the ground though.

Kermie

GoneWest
15th Feb 2002, 16:38
I forgot to say in the first message....if anybody is going to go along the lines of stall warnings whilst on the ground (I've been given "stall warning whilst bumping along the taxiway" and now "landing roll") why not put the switch on the throttle quadrant....along with the "why have you selected flap whilst the undercarriage is up" switch??

Closed, or very low, throttle settings would therefore prohibit stall warning with the throttle closed whilst airborne.....the squat switch on the gear would still allow stall warning indications in the event of low throttle settings whilst airborne.