PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of Agreement airfields

silverknapper
17th Jul 2011, 14:15
Just planning a foreign trip from Inverness.
Looking through the GAR completion instructions, I sent the GAR off to the ncu address, and also to the local immigration office in Aberdeen.
They came back and said I must use a handling agent, despite being based there. Apparently the terms of the certificate of agreement are at the airport operators discretion.
Having operated a lot from the likes of Dunsfold, Fairoaks etc etc I have always found the GAR system simple and fairly hassle free. But this is fairly new to me and to my mind almost defeats the purpose of the GAR system.

Is this a common policy at your local field, or is it HIA pig headedness?

Thanks

gasax
18th Jul 2011, 14:40
spotted your post and was slightly intriged.

Cetrificat or agreement airfields are supposed to supply HMRC SB etc with flight details. So HIAL being HIAL you can imagine it would all be to much trouble for them and hence the handling agent.

There is some useful information on this site London Heliport (http://www.londonheliport.co.uk/page_operations_customsimmigration.asp) which covers the arrangements the London Heliport has.

Given you are leaving from Inverness I would have thought you would probably stop somewhere on the way south - which would allow a GAR submission from there? Might be a way around it.