PDA

View Full Version : Sandtoft Fly In Saturday August 20th 2011

7of9
13th Jul 2011, 20:41
I am pleased to announce with the kind permission of the Management at Sandtoft we are holding our Fly in on Saturday 20th August this year. Landings will be free for the day. If phoning for information or PPR please disregard the phone number in pooleys as that is out of date. Phone number is 01427 872 034 Speak to Nikki or email [email protected]

Hopefully the weather will be kinder than it was last year

Refreshments will be available all day from our Cafe.

Airfield will be open from 09.00am till 18.00hrs.

I will post any updates as i get to know information.

Hope some of you can join us.

Cheers Trev.

flybymike
13th Jul 2011, 23:24
Will the officious fire officer who is able to see pilots who are not wearing hi viz from 100 yards away but who still welcomes you with a rollocking for not doing so be in attendance?

Mondo
15th Jul 2011, 18:00
He has been on a course "How to win friends and influence people who don't wear Hi Viz" and has returned an absolute gentleman so come in confidence that you will be welcome...... Oh and don't sit on any benches that look like they have just been been painted. Ask for the CFI and I will buy you a drink of your choice or maybe you would prefer a bottle of wine to take away with you! Your choice. Regards Ray Price. CFI.

flybymike
15th Jul 2011, 23:52
Thanks Ray. You have obviously been aware of my experiences! I am sure I will be going (in my lowest profile clothing) ;)

7of9
2nd Aug 2011, 09:57
Sandtoft Fly in.

ALL Landings FREE for the day for visiting aircraft.

Aircraft that have said they can attend(Subject to weather & serviceability)

2 X ATC Ventures.
1 X RF5B
Neil McCarthy Jet Provost Mk3 G-BVEZ Fly Past, NOT Landing.
1 X DH2 Fly Past May Land if conditions right.
Century Aviation Jet Provost Mk4 or Mk5 landing & parking also 1 X Chipmunk.
Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance MD900
Plus selection of general Aviation visiting aircraft in for the fly in.

Events Planned for the day, again subject to availability.
Local Fire Engine, Fire Demonstration.
Circuit Trial Flights £23 two seater 15 mins £28 four seater 15 mins
Humberside police attending with some Traffic Cars.

Raffle;

Proceeds from raffle & other activities for the day being donated to Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance.

First prize 30 min flight in a clubs aircraft.
Several prizes donated by club members & local businesses.

The Airfield will be open to Enthusiasts to walk the "Flight Line" within reason & when safe, as if busy we would need to leave taxiing area open but you will be given opportunity to photograph everything you wish to.

Everyone is welcome to a join us & we hope for good weather & plenty of attendees.

Thanks Trev

7of9
15th Aug 2011, 23:53
Added to the list of participants is;

Vintage Fire engines.
Several Alouette Helicopters (8 allegedly)
Will be some aerobatics in the afternoon.(not sure what aircraft yet)

If the weather holds, & the promised aircraft turn up along with other GA visitors it's shaping up to be a good day.

Hope some of you can join us.

Cheers Trev

7of9
16th Aug 2011, 08:57
Airfield Information Sandtoft EGCF
Sandtoft Airfield
Belton
Doncaster
DN9 1PN
Tel. 01427 872 034
Fax. 01427 875 670
Email: [email protected]
office hours 09:00-18:00

Please PPR on our new Phone number. Your Pooley’s Contact number will be out of Date. PPR is not Timed we just want to know who is coming, you can PPR anytime up to the event including on the morning.

Tel: 01427 872 034

Sandtoft Aerodrome lies in Class "D" with its own ATZ, and Air-Ground Radio, Freq 130.425

Runways available 23/05, Tarmac, Length 886m, Width 18m.
Elevation AMSL 11ft/3m.

The joining procedure is an overhead join at 1500ft QFE with a circuit height of 1000ft QFE.

It is recommended that you talk to Doncaster Freq 126.225 as you approach and depart the ATZ and to either remain clear of the Doncaster airspace or request clearance (above 1500ft).

The Circuit Pattern is RH for Rwy 23 and LH for Rwy 05.
Rwy 23 is displaced.

Please be considerate to the local residents and avoid flying directly overhead built up areas.

If you require fuel, please request on landing where you will be directed to EHCO where the Tanker is situated. Fuel is paid for in the upstairs office.

If you do not require fuel, you will be directed to park & look out for a Marhaller who will help you to park on the Grass.

7of9
19th Aug 2011, 12:29
The Weather is looking Decent for this tomorrow.

Hope to see & meet some of you at Sandtoft.

Cheers Trev