PDA

View Full Version : SLOT

J0ta
10th Jul 2011, 23:54
Hi everybody.

My Cpt. asked me today was is the window of a slot. I don't know it, and don't know where to find it.:confused: The numbers -5 +10 minuts came to his mind, but he was in doubt.

Can somedoby help? Is it the same duration in all the JAA space?

Thanks in advance!

plain-plane
11th Jul 2011, 00:32
I see your location is MAD... Then the correct answer, what ever takes their fancy that day, at that time...
but most likely CTOT +/- ZERO.:ouch: - and you better start your push well early

because they can...:E

SR-22
11th Jul 2011, 00:36
Hi

Yes the slot time, or CTOT (calculated take-off time) can be used -5 or +10 normally buuuuut.. it is at ATC discretion ONLY. E.g. this is a buffer for ATC if needed, not for us pilots to trust upon.

J0ta
11th Jul 2011, 08:54
Thank you both :)

No_Speed_Restriction
10th Aug 2011, 06:34
So am I under the correct assumption that one should plan to takeoff at the nominated SLOT/CTOT +/- 0 Minutes unless informed of a 5 minute pre CTOT allowance (at the discretion of ATC)? Can this 5 minute grace be taken as gospel in most places?

buzzc152
10th Aug 2011, 14:47
Are you confusing CTOT and airport slot ?
CTOT (calculated take off time) is set by Euro-control and has a -5 +10 min window. If have a 1100z CTOT you are perfectly entitled to take off between 1055 and 1110.
An airport slot (on/off blocks) is set by the airport authorites and can have varying tolerances/windows.

Microburst2002
10th Aug 2011, 14:56
Agree

ATC can deny you eng start up on the basis that your taxi time will exceed the CTOT +10. Otherwise they cannot stop you. CTOTs are issued by Eurocontrol, and they only can change them.

in the CTOT message you can find the reason for the restriction. Most of the times it is enroute, so it is none of dep airport bussiness as long as you can take off within the window.

STBYRUD
10th Aug 2011, 15:16
I remember one time when Frankfurt delivery refused to clear us for startup when we requested 15 minutes before our CTOT window and gave us a new one two hours later... Oh, and just to confuse matters there are also other restrictions such as TOBT and TSAT :)

galaxy flyer
10th Aug 2011, 22:55
The good news--only in Europe do you have to put this nonsense. In fact, one can file a flight plan for 00Z, be ready at 2330Z and be forced to wait til 00Z WITHOUT any slot regulation being applied. Today, in the NE, between NYC and BOS, filed flight plan, went downstairs and got a clearance.

I was always taught to plan on being at the hold point 5 minutes before the slot time and that the slot time is the PILOT's time, the window of -5 and +10 is for ATC.

GF

9.G
11th Aug 2011, 09:03
g.f, not quite true mate, I'm afraid. Pretty much on every occasion did I get a slot outta L.A. for pacific crossing along with a slot for oceanic entry point.:ok:

MD83FO
11th Aug 2011, 13:16
while we're at it, may sound like a silly question, but when does the controller say "cleared for push back and start(up)" to mean your flight plan is has begun.
or say the same to mean you are cleared to start engines?

thanks.