PDA

View Full Version : FRTOL reissue automatic, or do I fill in form 1106?

tmmorris
10th Jul 2011, 18:52
When I apply for reissue of my JAR PPL this year, will my FRTOL be automatically reissued, or do I need to apply separately on form 1106?

The statement in LASORS is confusing:

Where a FRTOL is attached to a professional flight crew licence, the FRTOL will be automatically re-issued when the flight crew licence is re-issued. No charge is made for the re-issue of the FRTOL when held in conjunction with another UK issued flight crew licence.

Read carefully, that implies that the FRTOL is reissued free with the PPL but not automatically. Surely that isn't true?

Tim

Whopity
10th Jul 2011, 19:13
That was written at the time PPLs were issued for life so neither that nor the FRTOL were ever re-issued. Professional licences were reissued periodically, and the FRTOL would be automatically re-issued with it. Since PPLs have been issued for 5 years as well, the FRTOL is reissued with it automatically.

There have been some complications with licences that have had different periods of validity over the years and whilst the ANO states that the FRTOL has a 10 year validity, its validity has been matched to the validity period of the associated licence. No need to fill in a separate form.

tmmorris
10th Jul 2011, 19:28
Thanks. About time they rewrote that bit of LASORS.

At least they included the Level 6 certification on the revalidation form, so I don't have to print off another form!

Tim