PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Gran Canaria.

Milton1995
9th Jul 2011, 19:06
Flown out of el berriel before as part of prize and wondered if anyone knew someone to contact to get a flight in GA.

Thanks Chaps,
M1995.

Spotthedog
16th Jan 2012, 12:28
Going to Gran Canaria on 4 Feb (2012) and emailed the aeroclub at El Berriel airfield to see about renting a PA28 (with safety pilot) for a day or so for some island touring/sightseeing. No reply received as of 4 days later.

Has anyone had any recent contact with the flying organisation at El Berriel?

john ball
16th Jan 2012, 14:08
I rented the PA28/180 in December 2010 with a safety Pilot. Great day out and flew round the whole Island. Cost was about 180 Euro.
I contacted them by actually going to the club on my holiday and putting my name in the book like any other flying club. The previous year to that I had several disappointments due to bad weather, miltary exercises and over running previous bookings. My instructor/check pilot/radio man !!! was great, he just did all the radio and I did all the flying and my girlfriend in the back took the photo's. It can be quite windy from the north and sometimes cloudy in the mountains, but the day we flew it was fairly calm. I do not usually fly PA28's but they looked well maintained and seemed to fly OK.

Spotthedog
19th Jan 2012, 11:51
Most helpful. Thank you.

JHO
6th Apr 2014, 20:12
Off to Gran Canaria in July, any recent information on flying over there on a EASA PPL? Tried the website, but no reply!

Spotthedog
7th Apr 2014, 12:23
No reply to emails seems to be the norm. Advice I received from someone who succeeded was to turn up when you get there and talk to them about what you want to do. They were very positive about their experience which was basically to do a flight around the islands with a local safety pilot.

JHO
8th Apr 2014, 20:06
Thanks Spot'.

Phororhacos
9th Apr 2014, 07:08
I don't think I am the pilot Spot the dog mentioned, but I did just that. It was, however, in 2001 and things may have changed.

(I also did a tandem parachute jump from El Berriel, the one and only time I have done such a thing)