PDA

View Full Version : Foot n Mouth travel to texas

riggs2
3rd Mar 2001, 16:21
Hi guys, I'm due to travel next month to Dallas Tx, and was wondering if any of you's have come across any precautions taken by the US Health officials against crew , aircraft or passengers , regarding the crisis we have here in the UK?

Ham Phisted
3rd Mar 2001, 21:43
I live in Tx and was in the UK last week. There were no precautions for passengers, or anyone else for that matter, on our arrival in the US.

vipero
3rd Mar 2001, 23:59
I heard that you cannot donate yr blood and mix yr fluids with local ladies...except that no special cares :)

Ciao
Paolo

[This message has been edited by vipero (edited 03 March 2001).]

wrecker
4th Mar 2001, 01:45
I Dont Know about DFW but earlier this week in Denver all Arrivals from UK were being totally rummaged by Customs etc. Any one admiting to having been on a farm was being given the third degree ( rubber gloves included).

Ham Phisted
4th Mar 2001, 04:10
I came through Chicago O'Hare and there were no special precautions last Saturday.

riggs2
4th Mar 2001, 05:27
thankx for the replys guys, I'm most certainly gonna be mixing fluids :) with a local lady , why eles would i be going ? except to fly , much appreciated thx.

EDDNR
4th Mar 2001, 08:28
Just don't ever tick the box on the US customs form that asks if you've been on a farm in the last 28 days. (Did my safari in Kenya count I wonder?).

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought is was referring to PPRuNe as this seems to be a major source of foot in mouth!!

Rod