PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!

Get_Involved!!
2nd Mar 2001, 23:58
Sorry to bother you professionals, but I need some brief info...

what does CRM stand for?
What is a glass cockpit?
what is the future of chartered airlines in the uk... in a nut shell.

Thanks... I need this info ASAP!!!

SFly
3rd Mar 2001, 00:19
Welcome to PPrune!

CRM = Cockpit Resource Management

Glass cockpit is named so because the instruments for the pilots are "under glass" or on computer screens rather than as analog dials - much better and easier to read etc.

Why question the British charter airlines (unless you meant "chartered", big difference) They're fine, thank you.

By the way, next time, be sure to put your thread (topic) in the right forum!!! :)

SFly

Marge
3rd Mar 2001, 01:17
Sfly,

CRM is CREW resource management sweetie, that is rather the point of it ! That is what my Airline friends tell me.

Love Marge

Code Blue
3rd Mar 2001, 03:17
Interesting:

From the left hand side of the pond most of the references to CRM relate to Cockpit Resource Management. My background though is mainly a crew of one!

I wonder if this is another case of 2 nations divided by a common tongue.

------------------
-.-- --.- -..-
[email protected]

AMEX
3rd Mar 2001, 14:08
I am under the impression that CRM, Cockpit Resources Mgnt was the original meaning. Later, someone thought (maybe after the Midland crash) it could be a good idea to incorporate all the resources available in the decision making process. This Mr. or Mrs. someone opened the cockpit door and decided to make use of the rest of things available, i.e. crew (used to be one so no disrespect intended). On the east side of the pond at least, it then became Crew Resources Mgnt (an open minded view IMHO), rather than just limited to the cockpit.
To be fair I fly fish around Europe so definition of CRM that applies to me is more the Cockpit one.

------------------
If you can't save the engine...save the airframe :D

wonderbusdriver
3rd Mar 2001, 14:21
CRM: originally was "crew resource management".

The marketing types have converted it to
"customer relationship management"
- the next "big thing" after B2B...So donīt get confused.

SFly
4th Mar 2001, 02:22
I think the thread-starter gets the gist, don't you?

Hey, I just found this seperate window thing underneath the "write post" section!! Brilliant! Very convenient! Smashing, this!
:) :) ;)

VH_KAM
4th Mar 2001, 07:44
Ahh thanks for that SFly, much better than having to back up the browser to re-read the post you are trying to reply to !!!

Luftwaffle
4th Mar 2001, 21:51
What, AMEX, you don't value the potential contribution of fish to the safety of your operation? I'll bet you don't give them thorough passenger briefings, either. "In the unlikely event of a water landing ..."

Good luck on your application, Get_Involved. If you're applying to a charter airline, then the future of charter airlines is rosy and unlimited. If you're applying to BA, then they're a passing fad and will soon fall by the wayside. I suggest you visit your local library and ask them to help you find some business magazine articles on the subject.