PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Landing at Charlwood (Nr. Gatwick)

1st Jul 2011, 11:21
BBC News - Light plane in emergency landing at Gatwick Airport (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13988862)

Haven't seen anything about this anywhere on PPRuNe...

Dave Gittins
1st Jul 2011, 12:32
He must have been extremely lost to have ended up there on a fine day like this .... and presumably not speaking to Farnborough who would have advised him of the way to avoid such a busy place as the take off end of the runway.

UV
1st Jul 2011, 14:14
He must have been extremely lost to have ended up there on a fine day like this

You what????
Or inbound to the strip, or on a Class D Gatwick Airspace transit, or any of a dozen reasons....why not wait for the FACTS?

Satcop
1st Jul 2011, 15:23
The aircraft involved was inbound to the Gatwick Aviation Museum site at Charlwood. It would seem that during it's landing the aircraft (possibly a Piper) managed to collide with one of the museum exhibits. Damage sustained to wing, undercarriage and prop. Minor injuries to those on board.

Tim00
17th Jul 2011, 12:34
I made an appointment to visit the museum last week, & while Peter was showing me around he mentioned the light aircraft incident - he said it hit the Shackleton stairway, fortunately not the aircraft itself. It was parked up next to the Shack when I was there. Thankfully there were no serious injuries.