PDA

View Full Version : Some hours at Air America at Daytona or Sunrise aviation at Ormond beach

blackbeast
26th Jun 2011, 06:09
Hi all...

this summer i will be in florida for 3 weeks, and i like to fly some hours, max 10 hours i think, because i will be with my family and if i want to fly i will decide just the day before, just for fun...

what is the best rental option ?, I taken contact with these schools, but i don't have decide yet...

sunrise aviation or air america

thanks for your help or any other idea...

stef

blackbeast
27th Jun 2011, 19:24
any idea folks...?

thank you very much for your help

Contacttower
27th Jun 2011, 20:05
This was back in summer of 2007 now but I spent some time flying at Sunrise. Seemed a reasonable outfit with a range of aircraft from on the one hand clapped out old 152s to now according to their website an SR20. Instructors were quite good as well with again a range from young ones who were probably hour building to a few senior ones with more experience. Overall not bowled over with them but not to shabby either...I guess there are loads of flight schools like them across Florida! This was almost four years ago now though so place may have changed.

Was orientated towards training with a lot of foreign students which might be an avaliability issue I guess.

B2N2
28th Jun 2011, 14:55
Florida is pretty big.
Can you narrow it down a little bit as to where you want to rent and where do you want to fly to?
Just local or long trips to Keys/Bahama's?

blackbeast
28th Jun 2011, 17:25
Hi...ok in fact I rent a house 1 week at orlando and 2 week at Ormond Beach...

I will be there with my family 2 adult and 3 children and another family (2 adult and 2 children)...

I'm one vacation first and maybe i like to fly some hourse maybe 5 or 10...just for fun, local flight or going to st augustine alone or with my friend, only in the morning, because the afternoon is for beach and our family...

i did a selection with 2 school at this time Sunrise Aviation at ormond beach and a little more far Air America at daytona airport...but I didn't take a decison yet...

thanks for your help...and your opignon

B2N2
30th Jun 2011, 19:02
Air Orlando | Your One Place for Aviation (http://flyairorlando.com/)

German speaking Instructor available at:
Four Star Aero Services - Pilot Instruction, Plane Rental - Palm Coast, Florida (FL) (http://www.fourstaraero.com/) at Flagler County, just North of Ormond Beach.

** Let us know where you end up and what your experiences were like **

blackbeast
1st Jul 2011, 11:50
thanks for your help...

i will take a decission soon...

Dave Gittins
1st Jul 2011, 12:41
Orlando executive airfield is up to the north of the city. If you are south; at the Disneyworld end you are better off at Kissimmee.

I was there at Christmas and flew with these guys.

Orlando Gateway Sport Pilot Training Center - Orlando Sport Pilot, Florida Aviation Training (http://www.orlandogatewaysportpilot.com) they have a couple of Sport cruisers (AKA PiperSport) which are great fun if you just want to have a bimble round and do a bit of sightseeing.

There are lots of other operators there too .... just try googling "flying Kissimmee" You can even have a "warbird" trip in a Harvard (sorry T6 Texan). You can also have a flight in a Stearman if you go down to Kermit Weeks museum about 20 miles south of Disney on I4 at Polk City.