PDA

View Full Version : Can't Fly but ...

Pointer
24th May 2001, 01:49
Help....I have this co-pilot, he can not control the AC continuos(spelling?)at a standard perf. Im absolutly not the only one that thinks this but he is being protected by two crooks e.g. DO and ChiefPilot. they are desperately trying to cover each other.

What to do ?????

Jetdriver
24th May 2001, 02:34
I am wondering why you are working "for crooks" ?

What do you feel you could do to improve the situation with your co-pilot.....Captain ?

Although it is always ok to ask for help,I am sure you must know that the company you work for operates under a regulatory authority. You know the correct method for expresing your concerns and at the end of the day you will have to decide what to do.

You certainly seem to be surrounded by problems ?

Pointer
27th May 2001, 10:46
Jetdriver, Thanks for the reply.

Offcourse calling them crooks is a bit overdun. it is a fact that they work very hard to coverup a degree off incompetence. and in doing so they tend to appoint people whom they are able to "stear" in theyre direction. This co being not the brightest off the lot, is seeing advancement in doing a secondairy job as Flight safety officer.
this consumes more of his energie mentaly than is sound since he needs it in the plane.

Just a few days ago i was called by a more senior colleage who said that he made these same remarks to the DO.

And for the end of the day i don't have any doubt what to do( in view of your remark) but the atmosphere in the cockpit has frosen over. And i'm looking for a way to undo that without out giving up my integrity.

It is an art not to make a POINT out of it, but to point in the right direction.

Pointer

DownIn3Green
27th May 2001, 23:31
This F/O doesn't happen to be a French/Armenian fellow with a big nose, does he?

I flew with a guy like that once on a corporate job and the only thing I could do about it was make him sit on his hands in the cockpit.

He had wasta...his father was "owed" a favor by the managing director...I remember his name, and after he left us I heard he couldn't even get a job with Air Afrique...

screwjack
28th May 2001, 10:23
If the guy is that bad you should simply refuse to fly with him out of safety considerations. don't know what kind of ops you have in what a/c but everything requiring a crew of two is not a one-man-show. Specially when you get into some sort of trouble, beware an emergency.

So yes, either report direct to the authorities and usually they'll check him out and if neccessary will cash his licence or refuse to fly by calling in sick. But you should definately act, before you allow somebody to maybe kill you...