PDA

View Full Version : Pilots 'Buzzing'?

ADB25
21st Jun 2011, 13:13
I have been hearing this word quite a bit at my local strip in reference to a pilot there. I'm assuming it is in reference to pilots flying close the ground, making potentially stupid/dangerous maneuvers and generally disregarding saftey rules!

So the confident young PPL guy at my strip who likes to fly fast and low approaches and chuck the aircraft around over York and surrounding areas is Buzzing?

mmgreve
21st Jun 2011, 13:43
YouTube - ‪Top Gun - Buzz The Tower‬‏

Couldn't help it....it's a classic

ADB25
21st Jun 2011, 13:45
Could it be the best film in the world...? :D

BEagle
21st Jun 2011, 14:22
Allegedly a 'gay icon' - so if that's what you think is the 'best film in the world', that's your opinion....

'Buzzing' seems to be an Americanization wordwise. But anyone behaving in the manner you describe will soon have another description -

A statistic.

Leave 'fast and low' to those trained for it!

FREDAcheck
21st Jun 2011, 17:46
Could it be the best film in the world...?
No. :=:=:=

Gertrude the Wombat
21st Jun 2011, 19:47
Leave 'fast and low' to those trained for it!
One of whom has described to me dogfighting exercises in the desert, after which they drove out to look at the marks their wingtips left in the sand.

24Carrot
21st Jun 2011, 20:27
... the marks their wingtips left in the sand.

Wingtip vortex I could believe. Wingtips? Sand?

FleetFlyer
22nd Jun 2011, 07:17
'Buzzing' is simply a low pass. Not a great idea if you're not at an airfield or if the buzzee is not expecting it.

Mechta
22nd Jun 2011, 09:11
'Buzzing' is simply a low pass. Not a great idea...

D30oGBj08Vs&feature=youtu.be

Flyingmac
22nd Jun 2011, 09:18
A friend of mine was accused of 'beating up' the airfield when in fact he'd gone around from very short final because he'd forgotten to slow to approach speed, lower the gear and alter prop pitch. A nice Chandelle onto downwind and he got it all sorted out. Easily done. Done it myself.

kalleh
22nd Jun 2011, 09:31
Better low and fast than low and slow.

Intercepted
22nd Jun 2011, 09:34
A friend of mine was accused of 'beating up' the airfield when in fact he'd gone around from very short final because he'd forgotten to slow to approach speed, lower the gear and alter prop pitch. A nice Chandelle onto downwind and he got it all sorted out. Easily done. Done it myself. It must be a lot of bent airplanes at your strip, or did you refer to x-plane? :rolleyes:

englishal
22nd Jun 2011, 09:42
The French are the kings of low flying IMHO...

YouTube - Very Low Flying French Mirage Jet Pilots