PDA

View Full Version : China Emergency Descent

lion-g
18th Jun 2011, 05:58
Hi Guys,

I need some official writeup from CAAC regarding Emergency Descent in China Airspace. Hope somebody can help me out.

It's OK even if it's in Chinese.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Capt Chambo
18th Jun 2011, 06:43
If you have access to Jeppesen, then check China, ATC, CH-4.

This a copy and paste, but it has not formatted as well as it does in the Jepps.

Aircraft Requiring Rapid Descent
– Notify ATC of aircraft location and request FL change as required;
– Upon declaring an emergency a pilot may exercise his right and change his assigned flight level. He shall notify ATC immediately and submit a report upon arrival at the destination;
– If unable to contact ATC and rapid descent required:
– Deviation procedure for level change: turn 30° right and track out 20 kilometers (i.e. deviate right of airway centerline by 10 km or 5 nm), then, turn left to track parallel the original route, then climb or descend to the new level, and then return to the original one (when appropriate)
NOTE: when returning to the original route, be aware that there may be conflicting traffic on that route.
– Establish communications with and alert nearby aircraft by broadcasting, at suitable intervals: flight identification, flight level, aircraft position and intention on the frequency in use, as well as on frequency 121.5 MHz (or, as a backup, the VHF inter-pilot air-to-air frequency 123.45 MHz)
– Establish visual contact with conflicting traffic; – Turn on all aircraft exterior lights.
– Issue ATC clearance to change flight level.

lion-g
18th Jun 2011, 10:22
Hi Capt Chambo,

I was looking at the ATC specific towards the end of the book.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Cheers