PDA

View Full Version : CALLING ROLLING CIRCLE

robione
23rd Feb 2001, 19:40
Thanks for taking time to reply to my Q about ATPL credits.In view of your reply i phoned FCL today to find out what i had to do to retain my credits.Spoke to a chap called Mike,he gave me very good news.I do not have to sit the JAR ATPLS,it appears that my CAA ATPL credits will suffice for issue of a JAR ATPL when i have of course the requirments,eg 500 hrs multi crew etc.It appears that there is an AIC i think he said AIC/42/2000 which is winging its way from the caa to me as i write this.His words were,SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS U WONT HAVE TO SIT ANY FURTHER EXAMS,IM SENDING U A COUPLE OF COPYS OF THE RELAVENT AIC.I will post it up when it arrives.So its not all bad eh.Thanks again my friend for taking time to reply,it gave me a sharp kick up the arse to do something about it.

robione
24th Feb 2001, 18:13
AIC 47/2000 [WHITE 19]1st JUNE.
PARA 9
UPGRADING TO JAR-FCL ATPL[A]
Pilots who have passed the UK ATPL[A] examinations and who hold a JAR-FCL CPL[A]R with instrument rating and a valid type rating on a multi-pilot aeroplane will be required to meet the following requirements for the issue of a JAR-FCL ATPL[A]

.Achieve 1500 hrs as pilot of aeroplanes including
.500 hrs on multi pilot a/c.
.250 hrs PIC of which up to 100 may be PIC/US.
.200 HRS X/C of which 100 hrs may be as P2 or PIC/US.
.75 HRS instrument time of which not more than 30 hrs may be instrument ground time.
.Hold a valid multi pilot aeroplane type and instrument rating.
.100 hrs of night flight as PIC or P2.
.Not more than 100hrs may be in a flight simulator.
So i think that no more exams is the order of the day thank goodness.I have a long way to go to get the ATPL but dont have to worry about exams any more.Ive got a JAR/CPL[A]R/MULTI ENGINE PISTON,so im on my way