PDA

View Full Version : CityFlyer ATR72 G-BYTP

Michael111
22nd May 2001, 18:43
Does anybody know if the above Aircraft is back in service following the accident in Bournemouth on 10th October 2000? If it is, any ideas as to what the damage was?

Thanks

Michael

spoilers yellow
22nd May 2001, 20:25
Yes the aircraft is back in service as of about 2 weeks ago and apparently flys like new!

I know that the whole nose section, parts of the tail, main wing spar and possibly the engines were replaced in fact almost a total rebuild but i understand that the cost of doing this was only around 70% of what was required to make it an insurance write off.

Hope this was of some use.

Michael111
23rd May 2001, 11:24
Thanks for the info.

I was on the flight when the accident happened & I had been told by another passenger that the Aircraft was an insurance write off. Just shows how rumours start!

spoilers yellow
23rd May 2001, 13:18
The company were hoping that it was going to be a write off as it would have got them out of the existing lease arrangement, however as it stands they are stuck with it for a few months yet!

Hope you are fully OK after the incident?

Michael111
23rd May 2001, 14:18
Thanks for your concern.

I have to fly quite often for work but I still get very anxious during turbulance & landing.

It did not help the other Sunday when we had an aborted take off due to an engine problem on a RJ100 out of LGW!

Michael

spoilers yellow
26th May 2001, 19:29
Typical, looks like some people get all the bad luck!....still better to be on the ground with engine trouble than at 18000ft over the English Channel!

Hope your future flights are uneventful.