PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training

girlpilot1978
22nd May 2001, 07:52
Hello, fellow Pprunes! I have a question about flight training. I am getting close to getting my private pilot license. After I finish I plan on going to a flight school. What's flight training like? I hear it's rough. I happen to be a girl. I was told it was more rough on a girl than a guy. Also, do they have dorms? I prefer to share with a girl. Tell me everything I need to know about flight school. Also, do you get to see your family alot? I would like to take my child with me. There are no flight schools to where I live. I have to go to another state.

------------------

Code Blue
23rd May 2001, 01:02
I see you got the CAPS lock sorted out ;)

Asking what a flight school is like is a bit like asking what an aeroplane (or airplane in your neck of the woods) is like. They range from the one man operation at a small local strip right up to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with 3 separate campus's (should that be "campi" :) ).

The former may be enough to get you a CPL while the latter may get you a job with Delta on completion (if you believe their promos!).

There are some interesting articles on Flight Training in June's edition of Private Pilot. In every case you will also have to decide on domestic arrangments to suit you own particular circumstances.

Have you tried posting in the North American forums for more local info?

Good Luck

------------------
-.-- --.- -..-
[email protected]