PDA

View Full Version : Summer Air Shows

StephenM
19th May 2001, 22:28
Is anyone going to Farnborough this year??

I've never been before so if anyone has info on the best form of transport to get there, best times to arrive/leave would be greatly appreciated. For the record, I'm travelling from Yorkshire.

Does anyone know of any GOOD airshows up north this summer? I have read a few Airshow mags but they say all the shows are good ones. A little less biased opinion would be great.

Cheers

Steve

MikeSamuel
19th May 2001, 23:06
Mildenhall is next week...Not very northerly (its in Norfolk - I think) but it is certainly a great show. Some fantastic stunt teams...Plus the cream of the USAF's aircraft. There's loads to see, and this year is the 25th Anniversary Celebration. Well worth the trip, even if it's just to sample some of the American's BBQ's!

Regards

Mike

schuler_tuned
19th May 2001, 23:16
if you go to down farn' this year, you're in for a big surprise.
it' s in paris!!!!!

VFE
19th May 2001, 23:17
Me and the gang are off to 'Mildy' next week too MikeSamuel.

They don't appear to have updated the programme page on the website for a couple of months now.
Does anyone know if the Stealth (any), B.1, C.5 and B.52 are flying? No? Well, in that case I'll be found next to the BBQ and Bud tent.....any one of them!!

Great show - I recommend it to anyone interested in military aviation.

VFE.

Edited as I've just checked and the B.1 and B.52 ARE flying. We just need a Stealth or two now!

[This message has been edited by VFE (edited 19 May 2001).]

MikeSamuel
19th May 2001, 23:30
Yeah, can't wait now...Found out about the updated program the other day...I'm like a little kid ;)
The beer and BBQ tents really are the place to be, especially if we get last years weather again...I had to hide under a lorry!
Also looking forward to the French Mirage 2000 display - that was soooo great last year...Have fun there, and post when you get back!
Might be having my first lesson tomorrow - @ Coventry... :) :) :)

Regards

Mike

JB007
19th May 2001, 23:42
Not much in the North these days since Finningley closed....

Did Farn last year...apart from the weather..bloody marvellous!!!

StephenM...Flying off at a tangent just slightly..I note your from Huddesfield..Whats the name of that pub just off the M62 heading East towards MAN on the LHS, not far from the Bradford junction...is it The Barn or something....has lazer light shows etc etc...I'm going home for a few days, just thinking of somewhere to take the lads for a night out !!!

------------------
Regards JB007!
[email protected]
Flight Ops,Crewing and Dispatch Moderator

foghorn
20th May 2001, 00:45
Biggin Hill in a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately I've booked to go on holiday http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Eeeh when I were a lad Finningley and Church Fenton were blocked out in the Calendar months ahead....

Speedbird777
20th May 2001, 14:14
when is Farnborough happening this year?

india_bravo
20th May 2001, 15:08
Sorry chaps as Schuler_Tuned pointed out Farnborough's not on this year.
If you want to see the Stealth Bomber fly this year RIAT at RAF Cottesmore(Rutland) is the place to be at the end of July.

Simon W
21st May 2001, 15:11
Check out the below link for full details of this years RAF Mildenhall Air Fete

http://www.mildenhall.af.mil/airfete.htm

Simon W
21st May 2001, 15:16
Ah, looks like I was a bit slow on the post and you're all already aware of that website. Sorry.

Simon W

A7E Driver
21st May 2001, 17:39
Paris Air Show is week of 18 June.

aerostude
21st May 2001, 21:59
Does anyone how much it costs to go to Mildenhall this weekend?? I can't get to the website.

Cheers

MikeSamuel
21st May 2001, 22:38
Admission prices are payable in cash on the day:

Pedestrians: £1 per old-aged pensioner or child age 8-15,
£5 per adult,
Children under 8 are admitted free

Motorcycles: £8 per motorcycle*

Cars: £20 per car*

Minibuses: £40 per minibus (seating 18 or fewer)

Coaches: £135 per coach or double-decker bus (must reserve parking)

Return bus from Ely Station and Air Fete admission:

Adult: £7.50

OAP/Child: £5.50

Park & Ride sites at RAF Lakenheath and Newmarket:

Motorcycles: £7 per motorcycle*

Cars: £16 per car*

*Price includes parking for the vehicle and admission for all occupants of the vehicle, as well as an official Air Fete 2001 programme.

Pets are not allowed through the gates at Air Fete 2001.

--Definitely worth going...I'm getting in and coach travel from Coventry for a tenner :) :) (my dad's works trip)

Regards

Mike

------------------
What does this button do? Oh :(