PDA

View Full Version : Airtours DC 10's

CRITICAL ENGINE
22nd Feb 2001, 18:54
Can anyone tell me what routes do the Airtours DC 10's do out of Manchester in addition to providing standby cover?

Big Red ' L '
24th Feb 2001, 01:24
Nope, Sorry......!!!!!!

------------------
Its not the fall that kills you...Its the sudden stop.....

G-BPEC
24th Feb 2001, 17:34
Airtours' DC10s do a variety of routes out of MAN, they have just had quite a few new DC10s delivered. I have seen them on MAN-PMI-MAN, Alicante, Mediterrainian routes generally, but also on the longer to medium haul ones too. I think and route which requires high capacity. I have never seen one go transatlantic though, I think they reserve their more comfortable A330s for that. Hope this helps, and I can give you more detailed info ie. specific routes if you need it, just email me.

G-BPEC

SFly
24th Feb 2001, 18:44
New DC-10's???!!!! Whatever you're smoking, maybe it would be a good time to stop!!! :) :) (No hard feelings). Anyway, yes they do go transatlantic. We had them all the time at Sanford (Florida) during the summer. . .mainly in the early stages (April and May). I'm not exactly sure but I think we might be getting a Tuesday DC-10 flight at SFB in March. . .but again, not sure. They do generally send us the A330s (much better comfort, as you say) and also the 767s on some days, the DC-10s usually come if the 332s and 763s are out to lunch or are on other routes. Hope this helps.
SFly

[This message has been edited by SFly (edited 24 February 2001).]

robione
24th Feb 2001, 18:53
I was in BAHRAIN last week and saw one on the ramp outside the maintanence hangar

FE Hoppy
25th Feb 2001, 18:20
Think they are flying one on Hajj,
Seen it a couple of times on the apron at jedda using a "Ceda jet" callsing.

airsmiles
26th Feb 2001, 01:48
Saw one at Tenerife South one day last week, however it could have been Premiair as they have the same colour scheme but with their own titles.

PS The Cedar Jet call-sign is Middle East Airlines I believe

Chilli Source
26th Feb 2001, 04:24
Routes? Typically TFS,ACE,FUE,MIR. One out subbing with MEA, hopping between Jeddah & Beirut. Longhaul? Not so much, odd trip to the Gambia and SFB, filling in for A330's on Check. 'New'? Clearly not! These tri-motors have been bouncing around the AIH International group for some time, either on the UK or Scandanavian reg. Around 1978-1980 vintage, bless 'em!

CS

mutt
26th Feb 2001, 17:36
Is the Airtours scheme similar to the old BA one? If so I'm pretty sure that i saw one today with Biman titles.

FEHoppy, who are you flying the Hadj for?

Mutt

DABHAND
27th Feb 2001, 05:22
Two DC10-10's fly Med routes plus LPA/TFS/GCA. One DC10-10 on stby; one DC10-30 on stby. The 10-10 will do short/medium stby routes and the 10-30 long haul. Will also be used for high capacity flights. Actually, the PAX like DC10's as do the aircrew front and rear. We have been involved in the Haj flying from Beirut for MEA hence the CedarJet callsign. Plus Haj from Maldives into India and on to Jeddah.

SFly
28th Feb 2001, 02:57
They haven't been with Airtours that long . . . they were ex-Premiair (with AIH group) and Airtours nicked them when they fancied a DC-10! . . . you're right, very old, they go everywhere. Not really like BA titles at any time at all, so I doubt it was that!

FooFighter
5th Mar 2001, 01:30
The Biman DC10 is ex-Canadian Airlines.