PDA

View Full Version : Question about the 146 cockpit?

airbourne
21st May 2001, 09:27
With the impending Gatbash coming up I decided to book with EI this time, probably 'cos I want to get there on time and not waste valuable drinking time!

My question is this, I know the cockpit is small on a 146 but is the jumpseat used regulary? And what are EI Cpts. like for giving jumpseat rides?

chiglet
21st May 2001, 10:46
Airbourne,
I've fam flighted a [BRT] 146, and it's actually quite roomy...once you're strapped down.
As for EIN, all you can do is ask. Good Luck

FlapsOne
21st May 2001, 11:48
It's bigger than the 737!

Up & Away
21st May 2001, 12:07
If you have legs on the shorter than average and body on the longer than average you will fit the 146 jump seat very well
Have a Good Trip.

Fast Jet Wannabe
21st May 2001, 14:13
I've always found the jump seat on Buzz's 146's very comfortable considering the huge privilege it is to be allowed to sit there in the first place!

And like Flaps One says, it really is a whole lot more comfortable than the 737 - not that you'd hear me complaining about being allowed to sit in either! :)

I've never flown with EI, I suggest you just write the normal short note to the flight-deck, smile as you give it to the No. 1, and cross your fingers!

Good luck!

airbourne
21st May 2001, 21:03
Thabks guys,

I know all the standard procedures for asking for j/s rides and intend to beg borrow and steal any info I can get before the flight. Hmm bigger that a 73'? this should be interesting!

See you in 19 days time!!

AB

TwoDeadDogs
22nd May 2001, 12:58
Hi,AB
Actually pulling the seat out of it's stowage and getting it unfolded is a bit of a job,especially if the cockpit seats are occupied.Apart from that,it's plenty big enough.
regards
TDD