PDA

View Full Version : JAA EXAM PREPS???

stator vane
21st Dec 2001, 17:26
anyone out there used a JAA ATPL course that they can recommend and that has used it and passed the tests?

i am a B737 captain looking at taking the Human remains, air law and radiotelphone tests in the UK and later all the other 11 subjects, but know that there is often a large difference in quality in test prep courses.

second time i have asked but no response earlier.

in the states, all you need is to buy ASA's test booklet and read the questions and answers, and remember them for at least an hour.

after 4500+ hours in the left seat, i have forgotten many of the never-use-in-real-life questions and answers and can imagine that the UK test has quite a bit of that.

thanks in advance

south coast
21st Dec 2001, 19:17
i have been on a full time ground school, at 2 seperate schools...both of which went bust.if you have the time and money you can do it that way, otherwise i would recommend you buy oxford aviation colleges' notes and self study (distance learning), then attend a 2 week consolidation course there....they will then provide you with hundreds of 'feedback' questions which are extremely useful.

Matthewjharvey
21st Dec 2001, 23:56
Bristol Ground School distance learning - outstanding, and cheaper than Oxford. See many threads in the Wannabes forum for ATPL ground schools.

Good luck.