PDA

View Full Version : The Great Circle Flight Training

Old n Airborne
2nd Jun 2011, 22:19
Has anyone used them for flight training? I understand that they fly out of Full Sutton nr York or are they one in the same. I would just like some character refs before i go pre-paying the money.

My plan is to stay for a week near the school to bring my hours and skills up to test. I am well into Nav at the moment, but my last school messed me about once to often so i walked away - their loss as i have the finances to see me to complete my ATPL/CPL!

My requirements are simple

1) PA28.
2) Same Instructor.
3) Student focused rather than profitability.
4) Examiner at the same school.

S-Works
3rd Jun 2011, 06:46
A friend did some training with them. Struggled to get the training records when they moved elsewhere.

jxc
3rd Jun 2011, 08:28
If you are based in London and looking to stay somewhere near the airfield there is Clacton airfield and also Earls Cone examiner on site ask for Robin

mr_rodge
3rd Jun 2011, 08:56
I did my skills test with them (Adam). Very friendly, sets your mind at ease and afterwards got lots of great constructive feedback. Couldn't fault him or the setup. Can't comment on his flight training as I never had a lesson with TGC, just the skills test. Same with the ground schooling, I'm told it's very good but sadly I was learning at Full Sutton and wasn't even aware that they were doing the ground school so ended up in Cambridge for mine!

SDB73
6th Jun 2011, 13:25
I did all my ground school with them end of last year, in 5 days. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. They were excellent. Harrogate is a lovely town as well.

I then carried on my training down south, and contrary to the experience of bose-x above, I requested my docs, and they were with me within a few days.

I've just booked up to finish my training and do my skills with them test this weekend.