PDA

View Full Version : FRTOL test more than 1 year after Communications theory exam

riccioenzo
2nd Jun 2011, 19:16
I passed my UK CAA PPL Skill test today. I read in some posts from 2001 (so I am not sure it is still up to date) that if you have taken the Com theory exam more than a year ago, you need to take it again in order to do the RT practical test. On the CAA website I couldn't find the reply. Anyone knows the answer??

Slopey
2nd Jun 2011, 20:43
LASORS 2010, Section B, B1.2: FRTOL Ground Examination Requirements - Validity says:

Validity - the RTF written examinations and practical test for a stand-alone licence are valid for a period of 12 months for licence issue. Where a candidate completes the examinations for a FRTOL in conjunction with a course of training for a JAR-FCL PPL, the validity of the radiotelephony examinations may be extended to 24 months from the date of passing the last PPL theoretical examination, provided that all examinations are passed within a 180 month period and that application for both licences is made concurrently. PPL holders who subsequently wish to obtain a FRTOL will be required to complete the practical Communications test and apply within 12 months.

Which seems to imply that if you're doing a JAA PPL, you have 18 months to complete everything, so that might cover it if you did the theoretical comms exam 12 months ago.