PDA

View Full Version : Hook Airstrip Share

FleetFlyer
1st Jun 2011, 09:29
Does anybody know someone at Hook airstrip that may want to sell a share (equity or not)?

I would pop down to the strip and collect some registrations and then look up the owners on G-INFO but before bothering to do that, I thought I would ask here.

Also I am well aware of it's propensity for water logging and the pylons at either end of the runway. I am also an experienced strip flyer.

Genghis the Engineer
1st Jun 2011, 10:18
You know that the strip is up for sale at the moment, with a chunk of surrounding land and the house? Given that, if I were you, I'd wait a little while to see whether continued flying from there is secure.

In the meantime, presumably you have good reasons for not looking a few miles away to Popham?, where there are always a fair number of shares available.

Having been in there and looked at Hook myself, I quite liked it - but I'd regard it as a 400m strip with 400m clearway, rather than a true 800m runway, and usable landing towards the power lines and taking off away from them.

G

easy307
2nd Jun 2011, 10:34
For sale :-

Mayfair (http://www.mayfairoffice.co.uk/properties/35394_1946726/Property-For-Sale-in-Scotland-Farm-Holt-Lane-HOOK.aspx)

Jan Olieslagers
2nd Jun 2011, 13:01
Or is O/P wanting to acquire a share in the strip?

FleetFlyer
3rd Jun 2011, 11:38
Nope, I'm looking to either get into a group or even start a new one at the strip.

Sir George Cayley
3rd Jun 2011, 16:40
Euro Millions is £40m so better buy a ticket. Looks just the job. Oh, and the gaff ain't bad either.

p.s. seeing a link to Mayfair made my heart jump:ooh:

Sir George Cayley