PDA

View Full Version : Groundstar.

The slug man
18th May 2001, 12:47
Manchester has a new Handling agent called Groundstar. Can anybody tell me who they are.
But apart from that what sort of reputation
do they have?

glider insider
18th May 2001, 13:36
based at Newcastle, also have operations at STN as Go's handling agent and I think at LHR..

tech...again
20th May 2001, 22:00
Yes, formerly Northeast Aviation - originally just a NCL operation. I have to say that they are probably the best on our network, although have had a few staff turnover problems of late at NCL. I think that the LHR operation is just for wheelchairs etc. at the moment unless that's changed recently.

TA

NORDIC
21st May 2001, 19:32
Groundstar, as stated was previously Northeast Aviation Services and have been around at NCL for many years now under the previous name. The Groundstar name was acquired a year or so ago when private investors became part of it all. Capital Aviation at LHR became part of the group, as did Northwest Aviation Services.

At NCL, they handle all BA, and BA franchise carriers, along with Britannia, Air 2000, JMC, Monarch, Air Scandic, bmi, Air Transat, Iberworld.

Other bases are BHX, STN, MAN, LHR

It is right that at LHR, Capital Aviation Services (now part of Groundstar look after all of the special assistance pax /WCHR's).

New at BHX this year is the Monarch contract, and at Manchester Air Scandic.

At STN, Groundstar handle go, and I think JMC is on the cards, or may have now been signed....don't quote me though.

The company was set up by a small group of partners many years ago, most of BA origin, and the company as such has a close relationship with the airline. The last of the original partners left a short time ago, and now the company is owned by private investors consisting of a few large entities.

All in all, an excellent company in terms of despatch, at NCL the staff are all excellent in their field. Yes there has been problems with staffing over recent times in despatch, however Groundstar will only take people into this department if they think they can be a good representative, and often require checkin experience first. Better than others to work for.

Hope you have good experiences with them if you come to NCL....they will look after you.

Cheers,

NORDIC :)

[This message has been edited by NORDIC (edited 21 May 2001).]

expedite_climb
22nd May 2001, 02:05
Nordic,

Staffing problems ? There doesn't seem to be the same despatcher for more than a week !!

This am (NCL), Groundstar loaded the wrong Britannia a/c with bags, meaning they had to swop them all around. This caused them both delays - the 1st of an hour or so. It meant that our a/c (another operator) didnt get any bag handlers until after our departure time !!!

Shortly after we left the 1st Brit had to go back on stand; after already being delayed an hour due Groundstar, they had been loaded with extra bags that they should not have had!

An exemplary service !!!!

[This message has been edited by expedite_climb (edited 21 May 2001).]

OpsBoy
22nd May 2001, 02:45
NCL is the original station and maybe the best but the quality varies..STN was thrown together rapidly and this often shows. So far its the staff that has carried the company (mostly those trained by servisair), management and the inferstructure has not been able to cope with the rapid expansion they have been trying to undertake.

[This message has been edited by OpsBoy (edited 22 May 2001).]