PDA

View Full Version : Is Easyjet an Easy life

Desk Driver
17th May 2001, 18:36
Just out of interest how many sectors do you average on a working day. After Mondays Airline it gave the impression of a 25 minute hop LPL-BFS, an overnight, a round of golf in the morning and then a 1800ish(Airforce 1 allowing) 25 min sector BFS-LPL.

Please tell me it not true?

------------------
-------------------------
You fly em we'll fill em!

FlapsOne
17th May 2001, 21:12
It certainly is not true.

Normal day 4 sectors, occaisionally 5 or 6, very rarely 2.

Don't believe everything you see.

Portly
18th May 2001, 22:00
Come, now! EZY do have two sector days: the awful night Athens, the night Malaga, the horrible night Palma (0140 check-in, my friend tells me, when he is sufficiently rested to pick a telephone up and string a sentence together). So there!

Of course, if you want to fly at night you could get a charter job and have the winter off, like the rest of us!!!

And I didn't mention the strings of night 'split duties' allowing a splendid sequence of days with four hours sleep each night followed by tossing and turning by daylight, then back to the self-propelled office.

Did I see a lorry full of extra-green grass seed arrive at Luton the other day???

[This message has been edited by Portly (edited 18 May 2001).]

FlapsOne
18th May 2001, 23:18
Didn't I say don't believe everything you see? - or hear for that matter!

Yes there is a night Athens route. In the last 9 months I've done 4 of them!

Night Palma/Malaga? Yes I've done about 2 per month on average.

Split duties? Yes, but new agreement does not allow more than 2 consecutive such duties. We did do 3 in a row in April but that was soon knocked on the head.

I am not knackered, sleep deprived or incapable of speaking on the phone. I fly hard and get paid prettty well.

It's not all a bed of roses but what job is?

Devils Advocate
19th May 2001, 04:08
Go ?!

FlapsOne
20th May 2001, 18:31
Nah !!

Flap 5
20th May 2001, 21:48
I don't want a bed of roses. I just want my own bed to sleep in occasionally.

737-NG First Officer
21st May 2001, 00:49
PrivatAir?!

Lapsus linguae
21st May 2001, 12:47
It depends which seat you sit in. LHS quite busy, but RHS not so. May roster; 9 days standby and 10 days off, June roster; 7 days standby and 9 days off. Averaging less than 50 hours flying per month. Four sector days not the average for me, 2 sector days mostly. Hopefully things will pick up.