PDA

View Full Version : SEP rating renewal...

expedite_climb
17th May 2001, 02:52
Ok guys (and gals) a question for you.

I am a current instructor on SEPL, having done around 400 hrs in the last twelve months on sepl a/c. My SEPL rating expires in the next couple of weeks.

The requirements are - 12 hrs in last 12 months (i think I meet that !) and an hours flight with 'a flight instructor'

(this could be a new kid of the block instructor with 200 hrs - i find a little odd as I have 2000 on sepl... but then)

Ok now read this from the CAA.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
Ratings/Endorsements - SEP: How do I revalidate my SEP rating?

SE Piston class ratings may be revalidated by a proficiency check or flying experience detailed below. Flying Experience Requirements (to be completed within 12 months preceding expiry of rating). 12 hours flight time to include 6 hours as pilot-in-command. 12 take-offs and landings. This experience must include a flight of at least one hour with a flight instructor, for which the appropriate log book entry has been countersigned by the flight instructor. This instructional flight may be replaced by successfully undertaking any other skill test or proficiency check for a class or type rating. Proficiency Check. If an individual is unable to meet the above flying experience requirement, a proficiency check with an authorised Flight Examiner or Class Rating Examiner is required. This may be completed within 3 months preceding the expiry of the rating, without loss of validity period.

</font>

So, *any* skill test or proficency test can exempt me the 1 hour with an instructor. Does this include my MEPL test last july, and my 757 type rating profiency test in december ????

Edited as I'm still learnin ubb...

[This message has been edited by expedite_climb (edited 16 May 2001).]

wysiwyg
17th May 2001, 13:48
Yes, the 757 skills test obviated the need for the 'flight with an instructor'.

Regards
wizzy