PDA

View Full Version : Slingsby T61F Venture

6UP
16th May 2011, 17:07
Hi all,

Im looking for as many pictures of the cockpit/instrument layouts of Slingsby T61F Ventures.

Would really apreciate your help and if possible I'm looking to get as many as possible (in as big a resolution as possible) in the next couple of days.

Do any of you fly / have flown one?? Can you help?

Kind Regards in advance all,

6up

Mark 1
16th May 2011, 17:58
Not exactly high res, but Enstone's workhorse is pictured here (http://www.enstoneaerodrome.co.uk/aircraft.htm)

6UP
17th May 2011, 08:58
Cheers Mark 1,

Yes thats the only one I could find on google too, Its just to print out and use as a paper cockpit to practice procedures on, so dosent need to be huge but the bigger and clearer the better,

6up

znww5
17th May 2011, 11:26
Don't know how far you are from Shenington, but you could give them a ring and ask if you could take a few pikkies yourself.

I dropped in there a while back and they are a friendly bunch - none of this 'power pilots are a lower life form' nonsense. They were more than happy to arrange a brief T61 taster flight for me on the spot - and very reasonable prices too ;-)

matkey
17th May 2011, 13:14
If I remember to take my camera on Saturday, I will take some photos of BUGV at Enstone (before I fly her!)

kevkdg
17th May 2011, 13:14
I have a share in G-BUGT T61F, I have a high res photo of cockpit somewhere on my hard drive that I took recently.

What do you want it for out of interest?

mothmagic
3rd Feb 2015, 13:00
Only today I was talking to one of the instructors from Enstone and have decided I'm going to give one a try. Not bothered about low cruising speed just want to fly. Been playing with Eurostars at Wycombe but my old brain tends to let the radio chat get the better of my concentration on a busy day so I'm going to try Enstone for a slower pace of life.

wiggy5044
5th Feb 2015, 07:14
Here is my SF25B:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/73897351@N02/6806594533/

cumulusrider
6th Feb 2015, 09:45
Wonderfull device on radios - an on/off switch.

chevvron
7th Feb 2015, 02:45
For the Venture, just remember '60'.
Climb at 60, cruise at 60, final approach at 60!

kevkdg
8th Feb 2015, 16:00
It won't climb very well at 60.... Climb at 50 is what I was always taught and what I always do.

Cruise at 60.... sometimes 65 at a push

Approach between 55 and 65 depending on conditions. I'm sure POH suggests a 50 knot approach speed.

mothmagic
9th Feb 2015, 16:14
All the write ups I've seen say 56knots or 60 mph. I'd say that's about right as 56 knots comes out at 64 point something silly mph. So 60 is a good round number to work with.

good finish
10th Feb 2015, 07:11
best approach speed is minimum 55 kts plus half the wind speed.
best climb is 50 knots - 45 knots works in the winter but can lead to overheating in the summer
60kts cruise is a mile a minute so keeps the maths easy - can be pushed beyond this but doesnt really like much past 67kts

rnzoli
19th Feb 2015, 10:37
Its just to print out and use as a paper cockpit to practice procedures on, so dosent need to be huge but the bigger and clearer the better
I don't know about the UK-manufactured versions, but the German-built variants of this airplane from the 70's have got totally different instrument panel layouts by now, due to changes, repairs, upgrades etc. Airspeed indicator is typically just straight ahead (for good reason), the rest is scattered everywhere, some (e.g. Hobbs) ending up behind the pilot, or deep under the panel.

Before every flight, first 5 minute in the cockpit is instrument re-familiarization :)

Enjoy your learning, I found the German-built version a joy to fly.