PDA

View Full Version : HELP! what aircraft should I start on a S360 or Do228

skylord757
3rd Apr 2001, 04:35
I have 2 chances of getting the first job but can't decide which aircaft to go for one is a shorts 360 flying cargo and the other is a Dornier 228 flying passangers. Which do you think would be the best one to go for to help me get on a Boeing or Airbus with the big boys?

----------------------------
NDB's are great for pointing to the nearest thunderstorm.

M.Mouse
3rd Apr 2001, 13:34
My thoughts for what they are worth!

Both good aircraft on which to gain experience and I doubt that either would help more than the other to step up to a pure jet. To be trained by an airline on Boeing or Airbus I would guess that they look more at experience than type (unless of course you have a similar Boeing/Airbus type on your licence).

The SD360 is unpressurised, not sure about the Dornier, so flight is limited to 10,000' (certainly for a UK registered aircraft, not sure about the rest of the world).

Look at the overall package but I would prefer to fly passengers due to the hours being more civilised but it is very much a personal preference.

I have over 1000 hours on the SD360 and once you get used to the jokes and mickey taking it is a great aircraft to gain experience on.

Whichever you choose you will enjoy your first job in commercial aviation.

Good luck.