PDA

View Full Version : Coutersigned ATPL credit hours?

Alvin
28th Mar 2001, 15:47
evenin' all

What is the score with having your co-pilot hours countersigned by the captain? Has anyone not done this and had a trouble-free ride from Messers CAA when unfreezing their ATPL?
Rgds
Alvin

Hard Rider
28th Mar 2001, 17:10
Yes, never got any signatures except from a flight school in the U.S. to make sure my brief spell of hours building there was not questioned. Never had any problem with the CAA at ATPL issue time.

However, if you're starting out then why not do it for the brief period until you get your ATPL unfrozen. If nothing else, it'll make sure you don't get behind with your log book entries...

Good luck.

SLT
28th Mar 2001, 19:12
Evenin' Alvin,
I agree with Hard Rider - I've never had an entry countersigned by the Captain, and had no problem when unfreezing. I was told that the CAA had removed this requirement a while ago, rang and checked and they said it was true. What I did do however, was to always get the hours flown signed off as "Certified Correct", by the head man wherever I was (CFI at flight school etc). When I left my first airline job, I asked the Deputy Fleet Manager to do it, and supplied him with copies of all the Voyage Reports for the flight's I'd done with the airline. He checked through a few and was happy to do it. OK - I know, maybe a bit over zealous, but at least it's meant no hiccups along the way.

Hope this helps