PDA

View Full Version : Anyone received an e-mail from [email protected]?

What_does_this_button_do?
25th Mar 2001, 20:42
It was sent to my PPRuNe address....interested to hear if anyone else got one....

Buttons

Capt PPRuNe
25th Mar 2001, 21:02
I hold 2 @pilot.pprune.com addresses to check and make sure no spam is being sent to those addresses and none so far.

One problem for some people is that they are unaware that they may have Trojan Horse type viruses which are regularly sending out details of the email addresses in their in-box or address list in Outlook Express. If you are a PC user, especially, make sure you sweep your computer for these kinds of viruses (or worms as they are more commonally known) otherwise you may unwittingly not only be sending your address book details to spammers but also the addresses of people that have emailed you in the past.

I think you can partially thank good old Microsoft for some of it though by having such insecure software in the first place. As far as I am concerned the @pilot.pprune.com email addresses are safe from spam and I have not received any yet so the source of spam to one or only a few of those addreses is more likely to be someone you emailed to from that address who has a 'worm' or your own computer has a 'worm' and is going through your address book.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork

[This message has been edited by Capt PPRuNe (edited 25 March 2001).]

What_does_this_button_do?
26th Mar 2001, 16:57
Actually it was sent to the address I have in my profile (which isn't my "normal" e-mail address)....

Had this once before from a company that also sent similar mail to a few other PPRuNers....

Buttons