PDA

View Full Version : GAR form for Channel Islands

Tolka
19th Apr 2011, 11:29
I'm planning a flight directly from Ireland to Jersey. Do the Channel Islands have a requirement for a GAR form? As far as I can see they do not but I just want to be sure.

Tolka

S-Works
19th Apr 2011, 12:06
You will complete one on arrival. As far as I aware Ireland does not have an outbound GAR.

dublinpilot
19th Apr 2011, 15:49
Irish requirements depend on your airport of departure.

Strictly speaking immigration doesn't allow you to fly directly to the Channel Islands because it's outside the EU, unless you leave from an international airport. (I'm not sure that they are legally allowed to do this, but this is their position.)

I have heard of one aircraft being refused PPR into Weston from the Channel Islands because of this.

Bose is 100% correct about the Channel Islands end of things.

dp

Tolka
19th Apr 2011, 17:14
Thanks for the information. I will be leaving Ireland from an international airport so I am not concerned about that side of things. If I understand you correctly I do not have to send a GAR form to Jersey in advance of my arrival. I just complete one on arrival at the airport.

Tolka

IO540
20th Apr 2011, 06:40
Strictly speaking immigration doesn't allow you to fly directly to the Channel Islands because it's outside the EU, unless you leave from an international airport. (I'm not sure that they are legally allowed to do this, but this is their position.)

That is the standard situation everywhere. And it can be a major hassle, because the choice of airports which have both avgas and customs is a lot smaller than those which have e.g. avtur and customs.

GK430
20th Apr 2011, 13:41
Tolka - Correct, complete on arrival and whilst the form is marginally different from the mainland one, you can identify inbound/outbound pax on the one form.

hedgehopper
21st Apr 2011, 08:21
Try this link to the Jersey Aero Club website where one can download the Jersey Gen. Dec.

Regards

HH

Jersey Aero Club - Downloads | Forms (http://www.jerseyaeroclub.com/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,49/dir,DESC/order,date/Itemid,44/limit,5/limitstart,5/)