PDA

View Full Version : Not dropped it into the ground......Yippeeeee !

cashquest
15th Apr 2011, 09:44
Hi all

Second post on same week as my second lesson(after it was cancelled due to bad weather two weeks ago) and still have not ended my life in a ball of flame (and that must be a positive)

Have to say that as everyone must have at some point, I am now addicted and would love to have the cash to take a lesson each week and get as much time as I can. Am starting to collect books that I will need, the thought of exams...Buggar, not done an exam since 1982 Am I really that old?

Well heres looking forward to my next period of getting off the ground.
I live in Manchester but fly from EGBM(Tatenhill-Burton upon Trent) so if anyone flies from either location and has a spare seat or is looking for a trainee willing to learn and take the controls for a while, drop me a line.

Cheers all.

BRL
15th Apr 2011, 10:37
Good luck and welcome. Post up on the "Spare Seats Thread" for a seat somewhere.

HPSC
15th Sep 2011, 14:25
Cashquest!
I'm also having lessons at Tatenhill :ok: I think it's a great airfield.
Maybe I will see you around the airfield :}
Good luck!!

Mike744
15th Sep 2011, 15:13
Hi Cashquest,
I'm 67 and hadn't taken a written exam for 45 years! With the aid of the Confuser, AirQuiz and picking FI's brains I managed to pass all of 'em first shot. I wasn't convinced I'd pass any of them at the start :confused:
I've just had my 7th flight booking cancelled due to weather...but I'll just keep on booking in hope.

Cheers

Kolossi
15th Sep 2011, 20:25
Hi cashquest,

Well as Douglass Adams said in the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

So from the title of your post it sounds like you've started to master that bit :)

Good luck with the training, and remember the first exam you'll probably do ("Air Law") will be the worst, it get's easier after that. :ok: