PDA

View Full Version : Converting FAA ATP

SFO to BRU
5th Feb 2002, 05:17
Does anyone have any suggestions for the quickest and cheapest way to convert and FAA ATP to JAA? What courses involve the least classroom and most home study (and are cheap)? Which country is the best one to do it in?

xbxex
10th Feb 2002, 07:20
Hi SFO, . . I'm going to do it through the British CAA, they're asking me to do the Class I medical at Gatwick, take the 14 written exams, and do a skills test on the type I'm rated in since I have over 500 hrs. on it. I imagine you could do the skills test on a sim. This is probably the cheapest way and it's not cheap at all. I estimate to spend about 20,000 USD, we'll see. . . Check out their web site I think it's <a href="http://www.srg.caa.uk.co" target="_blank">www.srg.caa.uk.co</a> or uk then co. Also check out Bristol Ground School's banner here on Pprune for distance learning for the theory part, I'm finding it to be a very high-quality course.. .And it allows me to fly full time until I'm ready since it's distance learning. You can also do a search on converting your licence here on pprune , it's a well explored subject.. . Good luck pal, happy landings.