PDA

View Full Version : Let Down / Approach Info for RAF Airfields

Yellow Son
5th Apr 2011, 17:45
I know that this isn't a new topic, but things might have moved on since it was last discussed here. As I understand it, civilians can no longer deal with AIDU. This is a pity, because the Cessna 172 G1000 I fly these days has a better avionics fit than anything I flew in my RAF career(!) and I would love to use eg Odiham, Benson or Lyneham for the odd PAR or ILS when possible. Can anyone suggest how I can get hold of the relevant documents?

tmmorris
5th Apr 2011, 19:21
And if you do want to subscribe to FLIPS from no. 1 AIDU you can - I do, as a civilian customer. Unless they aren't taking new customers - but I don't think that's true.

Given that link though I might cancel!

T

FlyingForFun
5th Apr 2011, 21:04
Curtis,

Why is it that, despite looking for that for several years and asking many people who ought to know (ATC at military airfields, for example), I've never been able to find it, and had always believed it wasn't publicly available? That link will definitely be bookmarked!!!

The alternative, though, is to do what I've been doing, and just ask when you book your PPR. Yeovilton (the only military airfield I've really had any dealings with) have always e-mailed a copy of their AIP entry straight through to us on request.

FFF
--------------

tmmorris
6th Apr 2011, 07:54
It's only recently been put back online, as I understand it. There was a recent thread on it, I think. They took out some of the details on the low flying system and it was then declassified again. The approach charts were never classified - some of them were available on Jeppesen/Aerad anyway - but now they're free again, as they damned well ought to be considering we've already paid for them :-)

Tim