PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get JAA FI info

bigdave28621
4th Apr 2011, 22:34
I am an Advanced Ground Instructor (FAA) and have a possible opportunity to teach JAA, Can anyone give me some resources so I can be familiar with JAA Ground Instruction.

Thanks

S-Works
5th Apr 2011, 07:10
AOPA Ground Instructor certificate.

Whopity
5th Apr 2011, 10:15
Do you mean Commercial Ground Instruction or Private?

Whilst the AOPA Couse is very useful and well worth doing for PPL ground instruction it is a voluntary course and qualification. No formal qualification is necessary.

For JAA Commercial theoretical instruction see App 1a to JAR-FCL 1.055THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE INSTRUCTORS
20 Theoretical Knowledge Instructors in licence and ratings examination subjects shall have appropriate experience in aviation and shall, before appointment, give proof of their competency by giving a test lecture based on material they have developed for the subjects they are to teach.

and CAA Standards Document 353.10 Theoretical Knowledge Instructors

3.10.2 Theoretical knowledge instruction may be carried out by FI or by other instructors having appropriate experience in aviation and knowledge of the aircraft concerned. Personnel nominated as Theoretical Knowledge Instructors must be acceptable to the CAA and agreement of the CAA must be obtained before theoretical knowledge instructors engaged on JAR-FCL integrated course instruction are employed on other courses.