PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Walk-Up Jumpseat Policy

B727
13th Feb 2001, 14:34
Guys

I pulled the following from the FPA Website :

Walk-up Jumpseaters: The following individuals may ride a FedEx jumpseat at Captains discretion on a first-come, first-served basis without a jumpseat reservation:

· Certificated airmen for other airlines and commuters (including dispatchers) with whom FedEx has reciprocal agreements.

· Certificated airmen working for scheduled FAR part 121 or 135 carriers or commuters (or an equivalent foreign operators) who are exercising the privileges of his certificate for his employer.

Question: Does Para 2 above also cover FAA licenced Dispatchers working for an equivalent foreign operator w/o a recipricol agreement in place with FDX??

Rgds
B727

B727
16th Feb 2001, 21:01
Ok I'll give it one more try, any FDX guys
care to comment??

Tks
B727

Freighterman
20th Feb 2001, 13:44
It is really great to see that US Captains are still the Masters of their Flying Machine. So...would this apply to an F/O working for Cathay Freighters/Air Hong Kong holding a US licence(ATP,but operating under his present licence) wanting to travel to the USA to visit some old pals? At Cathay, we have been informed that we can jumpseat with AmWest now, provided we also hold a US ATP licence.

Would any FedEx Captains please confirm this?

Cheers in Advance.

Shore Guy
20th Feb 2001, 17:38
Can't answer - I'm not a FEDEX guy, but from their (public) site, here is the e-mail address of someone who should know the answers.

[email protected] <[email protected]>