PDA

View Full Version : B737-300/400 Endorsement Quiry !

Star5
18th Feb 2001, 06:35
Can anyone advise me of where I can do my training to get a B737-300/400 type rating endorsement. I have tried with Ansett and Qantas airlines and they are not taking any external people for the next 6 months.

I am prepaired to travell overseas if required to do the training as this is vital for me and it is quite urgent. I have just been offered a position with a new Charter company operating in Europe, on the basis that I obtain this endorsement. I need to act quick otherwise my position will be filled said the employer, by late April.

Can anyone give me full details of the training school that can accomodate for me and information as to
- how long it will take
- How much it will cost
- what ground training subjects or modules
are taught
- how much sim time is given.

Thanks for all those who can assist me.

Scando
18th Feb 2001, 08:32
Hi Star5,

Try www.sasfa.com. (http://www.sasfa.com.) They have a lot of external customers. If they have spare capasity at the moment, I don't know. Give them a mail, and I'm sure they will be happy to assist you.
Good luck!

Strange, the link doesn't seem to work, but typing the adress does.

[This message has been edited by Scando (edited 18 February 2001).]

jetset747
18th Feb 2001, 22:24
bmi British Midland do private courses, the cost? around £11,000 including airborne training if required. This course gives you 300/400/500 series.

call +44 1332 854000 and ask to be put through to the training centre where somebody should be able to help.

Good luck!!

Farcome
23rd Feb 2001, 15:19
Try also continental airlines in the US 737/300 endorsements cost US$7999, I think their website is www.continental.com (http://www.continental.com) if thats not right use search for them.
Full details of their service on that site.

PPRuNe Towers
23rd Feb 2001, 15:46
Before shelling out all that money STAR5 are you sure that the company is a goer? Do you have friends and colleagues there.

There are some virtual/dodgy operators out there. If you are entirely happy with the outfit - fine.

However if it really is a fresh startup you might wish to write to us privately at the Towers so we can make a few enquiries. Also, do you have the right passport and licence to work in Europe? It has come as quite a shock to many to find they're working on a validation which is purely temporary.

The usual PPRuNe discretion guaranteed.

Regards from the Towers
Rob Lloyd
[email protected]

Mooney
24th Feb 2001, 19:52
I dont think BMI or any one in the UK does 737 Ratings self sponsored any more...