PDA

View Full Version : Greek Flying Schools

freeasair
14th Mar 2011, 16:55
I have heard that EASA is closing flying schools in Greece - anybody have any information if this is true or if so why?:confused:

IO540
14th Mar 2011, 18:28
Never heard of that. Also EASA has no power to close flying schools. The only way would be for the EU to pass a directive requiring the HCAA to do it.

You probably heard this from a UK instructor :) They hate schools in Greece and Spain .... and America.

SP-THC
14th Mar 2011, 20:12
i did my CPL/IR/ME in Egnatia Aviation in Kavala, Greece, LGKV - very good school, very professional (though I could have some remarks, of koz :))
i hope they keep it open :)

IgorMalo
17th Mar 2011, 21:00
Dear freeasair,

You are almost right.
Almost.
The original information was that EASA is closing flying schools in Brasil.
Everything the rest is correct.

Best regards

IO540
18th Mar 2011, 11:57
I was not aware that Brazil has contracted the running of their country to EASA :)

Even the EU countries have not contracted the running of their countries to EASA (although EASA behaves as if they have).

EASA does not have the authority to close a flying school (or a coffee shop) in Brazil, or anywhere else :)

If there is a flying school in Brazil, training for the JAA/EASA syllabus, that school will have been approved by a JAA member country. The UK CAA has approved 6 or 7 US schools, for example, for PPL training and I think some CPL stuff (not any IR flying stuff though; that remains an EU FTO cartel).

EASA, acting via the authority of the EU, is forecast to interfere with these arrangements and these schools may be forced to stop offering JAA/EASA syllabus training. I'd think a huge amount of fuss will be kicked up over that though if they mess with the American ones, because they are pretty busy, mostly with students from India, etc.

IgorMalo
18th Mar 2011, 15:27
Dear IO540,
I'm so sorry I didn't put millions of smiles in my post.
I didn’t want to bother you.
Of cause my answer was completely stupid.
But I thought it was the only correct way to answer to the initial post.
Best regards,
Igor

:)

IO540
18th Mar 2011, 15:51
That's OK, I also occassionally enjoy posting stuff without smilies and seeing who gets worked up.

You are Russian. I am Czech.

Which one can wind up more Brits?