PDA

View Full Version : BMI - Interview 2-7-2001

Captain Mainwaring
15th Jun 2001, 17:10
I have been called for interview on 2/7/01 at West Drayton - i originally applied to BMC
but have the interview with BMI.
Does anyone have useful suggestions so as to improve my performance on the day from a likely very poor to a possibly successful outcome?

Eff Oh
15th Jun 2001, 17:40
Hi mate
I think you might still be interviewed by BMI Regional. They use the BMI building at Stockley Close for that purpose. As for the interview, just be yourself. Act naturally. DONT bull**** them. I cant answer any specific questions for you, as I had my interview when I worked for them about few years ago, it may have changed. Good company to work for, in my opinion. Have fun and GOOD LUCK!! :)
Eff Oh.

Gibbon Tickling Fan
16th Jun 2001, 01:42
Okay, basic interview as far as it goes.
BMI Mainline AND Regional personnel will in all probability be there (as recruitment is now being targeted towards 2-3 yrs Regional and then a transfer to Mainline, which will be a nice agreement once the initial teething problems have been ironed out)
Probably get a few techy questions (check out the reasoning behind swept wings hint.hint...) and then a few more on your current type, even if it has only been light-piston.
Be able to demonstraight knowledge on this, be able to give crosswind limits, basic speeds and be able to give a rough description of the primary systems etc..

The 'phyco' bits all seem to center around 'what would you do if' questions. (forgetting your licence when you turn up to fly etc..)

Over all though, RELAX and ENJOY the interview - there will be no low-ballers and the interviewing team are all good guys.

Both companies are very friendly, and the atmosphere is usually one of proffessional calm (!)

Very best of luck.

GTF

Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
16th Jun 2001, 03:27
Any direct entry commands on the 146 going at BMIC?

Gibbon Tickling Fan
17th Jun 2001, 01:14
Official (and as far as I can tell, actual) line is command requirements for the 146 will be met from within.
If you are already P1 on the 146, you may well be offered EMB145 DE P1, as it would never hurt to have dual rated pilots at the company's disposal.

Although a little behind on the salary scale, they have a reasonable catch-up program in place.

Nice bunch of guys on both types, see you soon ...?

Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
17th Jun 2001, 17:46
Maybe, but I'd rather stay on the 146 for the longers trips away, and I quite like the bird; (nice bolted together feel, unlike, I suspect, the barbie jet).

Captain Mainwaring
17th Jun 2001, 18:58
Eff Oh and GTF - many thanks for the useful suggestions.
Am i likely to be be offered my first/second choice of base or is everyone offered Aberdeen ?
Is there a Sim check - if so what on?
Is offer subject to a medical?
Thanks again

[This message has been edited by Captain Mainwaring (edited 18 June 2001).]

Gibbon Tickling Fan
19th Jun 2001, 21:10
Hmm.. not entirley sure to be honest with you. Given the expansion plans for the 145 and continuity of the 146 fleet I would guess that most of the bases will have at least some requirement for new FO/Capts.

Rumour has it that MAN is set to be the biggest base, but who knows how that will pan out.

If you get a cract at direct entry into BMI Mainline then expect a ride in a 737 (200) - unsure how Regional approach this. (I never had one)

I would suspect that ANY airline would only offer employment subject to certified medical fitness.

Back to the 146 and the comments above, the only 'trips' are available if you operate out of the psudo-base SNT, where you will spend an awful lot of time positioning out to HAN.

Destinations from there are just STN and MAN
From both MAN and BHX, expect day returns to MUC.
Everyone has their fingers crossed that this will change soon, but I can offer no information as to what to....

Hope this has cleared up some of your questions.

Eff Oh
8th Jul 2001, 23:02
As a matter of fact guys...BMI Regional do not yet have a Manchester base!! You can expect a sim ride with both Regional and Mainline. This is not on a B737-200, but IS on the B737-30! This is either at GECAT (Gatwick) or BMI Training Centre at Stockly Close (Heathrow.)
:) :p
Good Luck.
Eff Oh :D

Night Las Palmas
8th Jul 2001, 23:43
Eff Oh

I think you will find that they have a BAe 146 base in MAN.

Hows life in MAN by the way. :)

Eff Oh
9th Jul 2001, 14:08
You are of course right mate, they do. However I believe this works purely on a Lufthansa contract, and doesn't operate any bmi flights. :) :cool:

next in line
9th Jul 2001, 17:32
Chaps,

so what is the correct answer to this one: <<The 'phyco' bits all seem to center around 'what would you do if' questions. (forgetting your licence when you turn up to fly etc..)>>