PDA

View Full Version : A license conundrum ...

finallyflying
13th Mar 2011, 13:11
Hi folks,

Bit of a complicated one that I'd appreciate a pointer on - as I'm not as up to speed on the finer points of license validity as I could be!

I reside in Canada and want to go flying - PPL level. I have a number of old licenses that may/may not have lapsed ...

- A New Zealand CPL issued in 2007 - last used in 2007
- A JAA CPL, SEP, Multi/IR issued in 2008 in Ireland - converted subsequently to an Austrian CPL.
- This Austrian CPL was issued in 2008 and last validated in 2009 with an Airline Proficiency Check.
- JAA Class 1 Medical last completed December 2009.

Anyone have a suggestion on where to start with this? Just not sure what 'picture' to present to the Canadian authorities ...

Many thanks for any help !

Whopity
13th Mar 2011, 19:26
If you the holder of the licences don't know whether they are valid or not, how the hell do you expect anyone else to know? You have a medical and presumably you know how old you are, so you should know if its valid or not. If not, read the expiry date in the bottom right hand corner.

znww5
13th Mar 2011, 21:06
I think you are going to have to find yourself a friendly Canadian examiner and/or their equivalent of LASORS to sort this one out!

Although with that level of experience I suspect whatever refresher training is required wouldn't be too onerous - good luck :-)

Ultranomad
14th Mar 2011, 08:05
finallyflying, your European license is still valid but your ratings have lapsed. Your medical has lapsed as class 1 but is still valid as class 2 (sufficient for PPL).

ChrisVJ
14th Mar 2011, 08:07
License and medical validity and expiry dates should be on the actual license/medical certificate.

If your medical is out of date you can get it renewed in Canada. Canada will issue a PPL based on foreign licences then you will need a current medical, about $150 by a designated Doctor. (Listed on Tran Can website.) You will need currency before carrying passengers, 5 hours, 5 landings in last six months.