PDA

View Full Version : A320 Blower Ovrd

Founder
12th Mar 2011, 11:47
I know a lot of pilots putting the blower to override in the A320's to reduce the noise level in the flight-deck...

Does anyone know if this could create anything dangerous and what does Airbus say about this?

Microburst2002
12th Mar 2011, 11:56
Didn't know that

Doesn't that trigger the horn at the nose gear.

Founder
12th Mar 2011, 14:24
no it doesnt... why should it?

Microburst2002
12th Mar 2011, 17:16
Yes you are right

It only sounds when there is a fault.

I can't see any reason why not to do ovrd the blower if you wish. Avionics cooling is ensured as long as you have air conditioning. If you are not in a very hot place, you can even go without any A/C.

mutley320
12th Mar 2011, 18:50
I recall airbus giving information (allowing it) in the "blue bulletins" at the back of Vol. 3 at one time.
I dont have them to hand at the moment.
You could probably deduce some info from the Ops section of your MEL.
(again, not to hand)

AKAAB
27th Mar 2011, 16:04
One of the initial cadre of JetBlue pilots (formerly America West) would teach new hires to set high flow and blower override at cruise. After a small number of fan seizures (not on his flights) we were told not to use this technique to quiet the cockpit because they suspected it was a related occurrence.

Unless it is very hot outside, while on the ground I will select override when making cellphone calls to MX or Ops. The fan noise is in just the right frequency to make it hard to hear the other person on the line.

Microburst2002
27th Mar 2011, 16:59
the blue bulletin refers to the cabin fans. You can switch them OFF for noise provided both BLOWER and EXTRACT are in AUTO.

I found nothing about swithing BLOWER to OVRD.

I would say that if you have at least one pack on, you can set it to OVRD without compromising avionics equipment ventilation.