PDA

View Full Version : Need some assistance

ryanboxer
10th Mar 2011, 05:22
Hi guys,

Anyone know hangar rats, pilots or enthusiasts or suggest companies to detail some aircraft ex Mt isa?

megle2
10th Mar 2011, 06:05
Let me guess, the aircraft are no longer at Mt Isa
So can you narrow down the location you require ramp rats ect

CoodaShooda
10th Mar 2011, 06:20
I know a reliable young chap in Darwin who would be interested, depending on location.

ryanboxer
10th Mar 2011, 07:54
guys,

Full Aircraft Detailing, 5 aircraft based at Mount Isa, includes washing, polishing, vacuuming, scrubbing, leather seat protection etc

Desert Duck
11th Mar 2011, 02:50
Three twins and two singles??????

ryanboxer
11th Mar 2011, 04:36
a mixture of aircraft, singles and twins, will get rotated through mt isa

CoodaShooda
11th Mar 2011, 05:23
I'm almost tempted to send him down there. :E

megle2
11th Mar 2011, 05:46
This type of task / subject has been done before on PP.

I guess you don't want any qualifications. licences, EPA, workers comp, insurance.

Just the usual lower food chain GA service.

Could it be an example of pilots stooping to a low level to source cheap labour.
Maybe you need to start a cadet scheme in NZ dollars!

Al Fentanyl
11th Mar 2011, 09:14
Anyone know hangar rats, pilots or enthusiasts or suggest companies to detail some aircraft ex Mt isa?
So where does an example of pilots stooping to a low level to source cheap labour come from?

Can't see any mention of low wages or dodgy conditions :confused:.

A company I worked for once, tendered out the cleaning of their aircraft and the winning bid was one of the company pilots and his missus - they are still doing it, two large GA aircraft, once a week, complete clean in and out plus a polish once a month, for $12K / yr.

Company is happy, they are getting a good job done for a reasonable price.:)

Pilots are happy, their aeroplanes are clean.:p

Contractor is happy, he is getting a reasonable wage for a job he likes doing.:ok:

If it's the aircraft I think it is, would be a good gig for a junior GA driver to set himself up in a nice little earner. In fact, if you don't get a decent bite RyanBoxer, drop me a line:E

ryanboxer
11th Mar 2011, 10:45
well those interested PM me, you set the rate as long as its reasonable, helps both parties as the guys have shared from past experience

ryanboxer
25th Mar 2011, 03:38
any takers?

Ejector
27th Mar 2011, 01:49
I have seen some companies pay the cleaners more than the majority of the pilots.