PDA

View Full Version : Westjet and/or Can Regional drivers?

marrod
13th Feb 2001, 10:59
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum but here goes. I am a commercial aviation "junkie" (55 going on 16) and an avid PPRUNE peruser but rarely post or reply.
#1) I recently discovered MS Flight Sim and wonder if any of you out this way would be willing to share flight plans or info for YVR-YLW-YYC.

#2) What is Westjet's policy on FD visits?
My Mrs and I are travelling Kelowna-Vancouver(WJ27)-Beijing on Mar 16 and returning Mar 30(via WJ71).

If the forum is inappropriate please feel free to email me.

Azure
13th Feb 2001, 22:48
You might try a Canadian Forum such as:

http://aeforum.com/index.html

Registration is free, and lot of WJ pilots hang out there. Or, you could try the Regional forum here on PPrune, they have a Canadian spot. Hope this helps!

Luftwaffle
13th Feb 2001, 22:55
From experience:

WestJet allows flight deck visits, and will let a passenger stay on the jumpseat for the whole trip, workload permitting.

Canadian used to allow flight deck visits in cruise only, I don't know if Canadian Regional has the same policy.

In either case, ask a flight attendant to relay your request to the cockpit.

marrod
14th Feb 2001, 10:33
Azure and Luft
Thanks so much for your replies, am following up as I send.

CaptW5
15th Feb 2001, 06:45
Both Azure and Luftwaffle are correct. Just ran across this posting by accident, as I am a WestJet captain. Presently I am on vacation, and will be for another 3 weeks. So, I can't give you next month's schedule, or the crews involved. I will be happy to give you a sample flightplan YVR-YLW-YYC or v.v. when I get back to work. I understand there is a WJ/M3/WS (pick your designator) image available on FlightSim.
Contact me at my home e-mail.