PDA

View Full Version : Headset Panel Power on 737??

BOEING///
9th Mar 2011, 13:11
Hello guys and girls,

I fly a 737NG and need a new headset. Can anyone tell me if the Boeing has the capability for me to purchase a headset without a baterry pack (i.e. works off the ships power through the jack)??? The aircraft has twin jack connectors.
I am looking at a sennheiser 26 and a telex anr 850 (both without a battery pack preferably!!) Any recommendations very welcome.

Thankyou!

Denti
9th Mar 2011, 15:40
The Telex works fine, at least on ours. It is still not quiet enough imo. Dunno if the Sennheiser works without battery pack, i heard some mixed and not overly enthusiastic comments about that from colleagues and bought a version with batteries. Usually one pack is enough for a up to two months of flying, depending on length of sectors.

b4dger
9th Mar 2011, 19:07
Denti, you say the telex 850 isnt quiet enough. would you not recommend it then?

Denti
9th Mar 2011, 20:22
Well, i used it for around 5 years and once it was stolen i missed it a lot. But in the end i used plug in noise filters as well as those NGs are pretty loud. Now i have a sennheiser HMEC 26 which is more quiet. However it has a pretty high clamp pressure and a very high price tag as well. And of course the 850 is very light weight.

I would say try it out. At least over here you can return everything you buy over the internet within 2 weeks, which is enough time to try a headset on the line.

STBYRUD
9th Mar 2011, 21:12
I am back at square one - want an ANR as well now. My Tbone broke, sent it in, just in time to receive the notification of bankruptcy - just fantastic...

Anyhow, on topic: Some colleagues use the Telex ANRs without batteries, seem to work just fine - yet the guys using Sennheisers use a battery box (if only the Sennheisers wouldn't be so uncomfortable!).