PDA

View Full Version : Cheap flights to Florida, Orlando

airbus wannabe
12th Feb 2001, 01:08
HI ya'll ,
My dad says we are all going to Florida next year, last two weeks of June. Can you advise me on the best flights whether direct or via where ever. One problem is that my sister, who is 9, has congenital heart disease! but has been given the OK to fly by Brompton Hospital in london, so would it be easier to spend 9 1/2 hours direct, or X hours???
Please advise
Many thanks
Smooth skies,
Dan :)

BRUpax
12th Feb 2001, 04:00
Fly direct. For extra fun fly with Virgin Atlantic.

Tropical Storm 7B
12th Feb 2001, 10:14
Yeah

Have done it a few Times and Virgin shine out far better than the others

Avoid US Carriers sorry but they're the Pits

Hope you have a great time !!!!

Desk Driver
14th Feb 2001, 16:59
Just to be safe Make sure your insurance company has all the details about your sister before you book.

And have a good time!!

Akwah_Plain
15th Feb 2001, 02:15
Definitely go direct to Orlando - Virgin probably your best bet. The slightly cheaper option via some operators will get you stopping for gas in Bangor, Maine, before taking you on to Sandford. And watch out for DVT, the seat pitch is cr@p!!

SFly
18th Feb 2001, 20:34
Hey, you're wrong there. There are no BGR-Sanford flights, they are all direct. It is cheaper and more convenient to go to Sanford with someone like Airtours (who fly there direct from all over the UK). SFly

Bear Cub
18th Feb 2001, 20:39
Just watch for the rip off of the hire car.

Airtours lied to me and tried to con me out of $600 on arrival in Sanford.

------------------
Hunting is bad!!
Support the right to arm Bears!!

SFly
18th Feb 2001, 20:45
There are multiple car-hires at Sanford so I wouldn't say that that is an issue. . .just find the best one. (PS Friday at Sanford over 300 Air 2000 passengers landed at Sanford and were driving away from the airport 20 minutes later -- not bad!!) :) :) SFly

PaulDeGearup
18th Feb 2001, 20:48
Book ahead and fly with Virgin in to Orlando Int, much closer than Sanford and when you are leaving you can check your bags at Downtown Disney rather than lug them around all day :)

SFly
18th Feb 2001, 21:10
Even though OIA is probably the worst airport in the SE America. . .

Jetdriver
18th Feb 2001, 21:39
Where is OIA ?

Do you mean MCO ?

If so why is it the worst airport ?

Seemed OK to me

Gonzo
19th Feb 2001, 00:41
I flew into Orlando International last October and found it to very slick. Okay, we had a bit of a wait for our bags, but so does any other pax when he/she has flown with over 300 others! Compared to Heathrow or Gatwick it was very smart, clean, and lots of other nice words!

Gonzo

Deeko01
19th Feb 2001, 02:45
SFly,

Hey I am on AMM42C/D GLA-SFB B763 on May 4th 2001, is it quite a good airport??, are the transfers quick and is it not further away from Disney than MCO??, bye the way I have a fiend who is based at SFB, havent seen him in a while but he flies a C650 N737KK << I think owned by Kirchman Corporation it is green and white if I remember right, have you seen that aircraft it was in GLA a few months ago.

Cheers

SFly
19th Feb 2001, 03:05
Deeko,

Here's what it is:
It is a wonderful airport. I love it. It is well kept and the staff are very freindly and helpful. I live around here so I know about these things.

It is farther away from Disney than MCO, but:
a. the transfers are very fast so you'll be heading there faster
b. By the time you are out of MCO it'll take the same time to get there either way.

May is a good time to fly because the a/c are usually not completely full.

Kirchman's nice looking jet is parked in a hangar rented by them at the south side of the general av. ramp near the road (ie visible from the road).

Transfers: earlier on in the thread you may have noticed I said that AMM passengers were out of the airport in 20 minutes. That is correct.

When flying on AMM 767s, consider getting their first class ("Classic Premium"). . . I understand it's a lot nicer and they have their own personal check-in desks.

Any other questions I will be happy to answer. :)

SFly

Deeko01
19th Feb 2001, 04:39
SFly,

Thanks for the details thats cool, I believe Mr.Kirchman will be buying a G4 very soon so look out for that coming.

You should work for SFB PR Dept. lol!!!!

I will be sure to ask you any other thoughts I might have, thanks very much.

Cheers

Bear Cub
20th Feb 2001, 04:37
SFly - I said it was Airtours that tried to rip me off for the $600...not SFB.

SFB is a great airfield.....just waiting for the accident with the jet blast of engine startups affecting traffic on 9C.

Before you scream at me...that was the phrase used by the crew of the Airtours aircraft that took me there (flight deck visit for departure from MAN).

They made an interesting point though.

I've flown into SFB a few times...great place.

------------------
Hunting is bad!!
Support the right to arm Bears!!

SFly
21st Feb 2001, 00:11
Well I like it. :)
:)