PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Thom - Aviation Law and Meteorology

starrzo
7th Mar 2011, 16:14
Hi folks. I started training for my JAR-PPL about a month ago. Just completed exercise 8(i) and loving every second of it. My question is regarding the Trevor Thom manual 2. I want to get stuck into learning the Aviation Law but I have this book from years ago...in fact it was printed in 2001. Should I forget about it and by the most recent one? Does anybody know if it would be foolish to start learning from this one? I have the Oxford CBT CDRoms that somebody loaned me (not sure how up to date they are). They should help.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some advice on the matter...thanks!

Lister Noble
7th Mar 2011, 16:35
I would buy a new one,it would be a shame to try and save a couple of quid,and then not have the latest legal information,then also fail the exams.

Wouldn't it?:)

Flying Lawyer
7th Mar 2011, 16:57
Should I forget about it and by the most recent one?Yes.Does anybody know if it would be foolish to start learning from this one? Yes, it would.

Prices vary - check the internet.

FL

starrzo
7th Mar 2011, 16:59
I certainly agree it would. That was the boot in the backside I was fishing for :ok:

Thanks Lister Noble and Flying Lawyer.

Jozi-boy26
17th Jun 2011, 18:03
does anyone have any information on what the latest versions are on the Trevor Thom books as i am looking on ebay and amazon to buy the full set and there are many different ones available on there.