PDA

View Full Version : CPL Airlaw

Rossy
5th Mar 2011, 10:08
Anyone who has done it recently care to comment on the Bob Tait Airlaw ground school course? Currently studying for it and was wondering whats involved in the 3 days of ground school he allows for it? Have his book but seems like more than 3 days worth or reading/looking up to me!!

Thanks

Avgas172
5th Mar 2011, 10:19
Done Bob's CPL air law in the classroom, passed easily I'm sure you won't have any difficulty
cheers
A172

Rossy
5th Mar 2011, 11:14
thanks for the reply. Was curious as to whats involved... just heaps of practice q's? 3 days doesnt seem right according to his book.

Cheers

Kippers7
5th Mar 2011, 19:57
Basically discussing references, and becoming familiar with the the documents. The Bot Tait box should be sufficient.

globaltourer
6th Mar 2011, 00:52
Work your way through his book, you will nail the exam easily after that!

PyroTek
6th Mar 2011, 13:12
He goes over CPL theory, then PPL theory, then BAK theory (Yes, reverse it seems) and spends most of the time going through questions in his book. Best thing to do is challenge yourself and not look at the references above the questions, and search yourself.
After all, the exam is a test of how you can look up things and understand the legal-mumbo-jumbo associated with such.
Read through CAO 48 at least once, flight and duty times is a little hard to get your head around but if you have a vague idea you can nail most simple questions on it without looking.
Learn the CAO/CARs really well as they have useless/none Tables of Contents and Indexes. AIP has a handy index, I was advised to put the index to the front of my AIP, Also, the table of contents associated too was useful.
ERSA EMERG section is handy to look at as well.
I had a question on xponder codes which wasn't covered by Bob to my knowledge, it was answered by the AIP. The question was about during coastal serveillence OCTA, what would the transponder code be?
AIP says "Transponder code for 'littoral' surveillence is 7615 (from memory)"
I had never come across the word "littoral" - Just means on the shore of a sea/lake/ocean. There was another transponder question about being a certain distance off shore, don't get them confused.

Any questions, feel free to PM
Best of luck
:ok:Pyro

Rossy
6th Mar 2011, 20:13
Thanks for all the replies guys. Much appreciated.

Last CPL exam for me! :)