PDA

View Full Version : Where to live on Fraggle rock

ac130spectre
9th Feb 2001, 14:40
Hi everyone

well after 2 years of trying I've finally bagged my first airline job.

However I will be based on the Isle of Man. What is the best place to live. Ideally looking for somewhere cheap to rent.

Does anyone know if its possible to commute to work by air from say MAN. I'm sure you can all guess which airline I'll be flying for.

Cheers

Blade1
10th Feb 2001, 16:47
NOOOOOOOOOO - Don't go there!!!

No you can't commute from Man cos they won't give you consesions for 6 months and you don't want to know what a full fare ticket is!!

Arkroyal
10th Feb 2001, 19:45
Please make it on/near the TT course, and invite all motorcycle racing fans over in June every year. :)

Oi...Geeza
11th Feb 2001, 23:55
Just remeber that local time on the "Rock" is UTC minus 50 years !!!
Congrats...well done.

Frank Whittle
12th Feb 2001, 00:12
Don't do it.
Either living on the Rock, or working for them.
You'll regret both.

------------------
I invented the jet engine, you know

ac130spectre
12th Feb 2001, 12:28
Thanks for the info.

I'm well aware about the -50 years time difference from UTC. When I went for the interview I was told they were desperate for people for the ATP at MAN or GLA flying under the BRAL umberella which would have been fine. This was reiterated when I had the sim ride.

However when I got the phone call I was told I was going to be on the J41 at IOM. I therefore conclude I will be flying for MANX.

Since I haven't been sent any contract/other info does anyone out there know what the score is with work patterns, cheap tickets etc. Also how easy is it to change bases. I guess that with the proposed takeover (anyone out there have any info?) then anything could happen.

Cheers